How is quality to be managed in the long term? Are there any unused sales and cost potentials in it? Can a realignment substantially increase the company’s earnings? These entrepreneurial questions can be posed by managing directors or quality managers in good times.
Highest quality, simple user experience, the most comprehensive guarantees and higher customer satisfaction goals will increase customer loyalty, improve quality reputation and provide additional margins. This applies to products as well as services. Examples include Lands` End with quality and unconditional warranty, Kia with quality and seven-year warranty, Apple with quality and user experience, Amazon with service quality and user experience as well as Tesla with user experience and guarantees.
A fresh view on business processes can identify further failure costs to be reduced. Examples include gaps in cost-accounting system, standardization and automation, ramp-up failures as well as quality fall-offs. Statistical Engineering reveals the deep root causes, looking deeper than 8D reports. The deep root causes enable novel, sustainable solutions for organization and technology.
A fresh view on quality management leads to a consistent process orientation and thus improves quality and costs. If a culture of quality control is lived instead of quality management, if the management of innovation quality is insufficient or if quality costs are not allocated to the persons responsible, such as the costs for warranty, set-up, and testing, then quality increases and quality costs fall significantly with higher process responsibility and a smaller number of testers.
The following transition can lead to a quality management of tomorrow:
- Paradigm shift from quality control to quality management,
- Zero-defect strategy for customer satisfaction and growth,
- Realignment for future issues such as supply chain disruptions, technology change, innovation, product phase-out, artificial intelligence, open source, gamification,
- Reorganization of the quality organization,
- Setting up a quality controlling,
- Measurement and targets of the company’s quality,
- Quality cost reduction and increase in earnings by some % of sales.
We advise you to define, plan and implement your quality management of tomorrow.