Successful basic innovations substitute many established industries like an avalanche. Companies can generate high sales and create many new jobs by designing promising basic innovations such as robot cars.
A CEO driven by great USP and with an affinity for technology intends to create high growth through a basic innovation. He generates an initial requirement profile for innovation success through innovation quality:
- radical technological value potentials for potential customers,
- radical technical cost potentials compared to current technology,
- socio-technical acceptance by customers,
- timely SOP,
- full problem transparency, especially for potential showstoppers,
- quick, sustainable problem solving,
- comprehensive, supportive innovation system.
The design of promising basic innovations is based on four premises:
- the evolution of technologies, applications and markets,
- the innovation success through innovation quality,
- the radical, ingeniously simple innovation up to the technical-physical limits,
- the multidisciplinary, cooperative, inventive and evolutionary innovation projects with a fully responsible leader.
An innovation project for a basic innovation includes twelve parallel, iteratively interdependent activities:
- Appoint a fully responsible leader for the innovation project,
- Generate and develop a requirements profile,
- Segment markets, applications, and technologies,
- Identify lower market segments, market niches, and new markets,
- Understand applications and users,
- Define functional building blocks,
- Identify technology options, technology partners, and production partners,
- Generate radical, ingeniously simple innovation approaches methodically-inventively and develop them to the technical-physical limits,
- Develop tests methodically-inventively,
- Build prototypes,
- Test Prototypes,
- Organize innovation system.
We advise you to design promising basic innovations. The basis is our Innovation Engineering, which has been developed, tried, tested and practiced for decades.